Thursday, September 04, 2008

more counting chickens


I admit it rarely happens, but sometimes you count your chickens before they hatch and count wrong, but then weeks later it turns out you counted them right the first time. =)

So, a while ago I did miss out on getting this machine, the guy sold it on ebay or something while I was trying to get the cash together. BUT as fate would have it the guy on ebay never paid up so here I am... I have paid for a glorious Sega New Astro City Cabinet with a 29" monitor and all I have to do it pick it up.

Thankfully Ben has offered to road trip with me to Toronto. Gonna be a long drive but well worth it. The machine comes with Street Fighter II for some nice retro goodness and I picked up a copy of X-Men vs Street Fighter for an awesome deal so that will quickly replace the SFII.

Once I get the cabinet I'll be learning how to solder so I can phoenix the X-Men vs Street Fighter (I'll post an update on that process when I try it).

Another project in the works will be repairing a Virtual Boy, from what I've read that means I get to take it apart and bake some of it in the oven. Should be cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home