Thursday, September 25, 2008

New Astro City Update

There seems to have been so much work to get this thing going the way I want....

So far:
-I have reworked the wiring for the Jamma harness more than before, it's nice and clean now.
-I adjusted the +5v setting on the power supply so it's at +4.99v with a load on it, was at +4.8v before this adjustment. (doing this was scary!)
-I fixed a possible sound issue and resoldered a connection (long story, there was actually no sound issue, I was just a moron.)
-I added the PHOENIX chips to the CPS2 games (Marvel vs Capcom and X-Men vs Street Fighter) sadly busting a pin on one, in my defense it was an old crappy chip.... ordered a replacement cheap so all is good.

All I need now is to get the CPS2 Kick Harness and set it up! Any day now... can't wait!

3 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

Hey, I just had a couple of questions about your astro city:
-How much did you pay for it? (if you dont mind me asking)
-What exactly does adding a phoenix chip to your PCB do?

Im looking at purchasing an astro city or similar cabinet myself, but it looks like it could be a pretty challenging task as they are pretty rare in Canada.

Thanks

4:01 pm  
Blogger scooter said...

hey there Luke!

I got the cabinet for $400 and I had to transport it myself. Yeah, the candy cabs are rare up here and that sucks. Toronto seems to have more of them though, post on some of the forums and you should luck into one in not too long, I think there was a Versus City for sale recently pretty cheap.

The CPS2 games all had some volatile memory on them, and if a battery died then the board did too. The phoenix chips aren't volatile so no battery is needed, the board "never dies". They cost a bit more, but REALLY up the resale value of the game, and take some of the guess work out of the "when will the battery need replacing" question.

Hope that helps!

10:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is this? In Ottawa?

5:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home