Monday, February 16, 2009

Astro, the third


It was a bit of a crazy weekend, road trip to Toronto and back with Ted (thanks Ted!!) bit of confusion with the pick up, bit of a problem with the monitor. That said I ended up with a very nice cab and a nice chunk of the basement filled with gaming goodness.

The new one is the one in the middle, notice the vertically aligned monitor, this cab is for shooters.

The challenge with this one is that there is a bit of a monitor issue, things are a little bit wavy which is weird, I assume I'll need to do a cap kit on it which will be a scary and new experience for me. If I have to do that I'll post pics and stuff.

3 Comments:

Blogger Roger Singh said...

Hi Scott,

It's nice to see that you have some Astro City Arcades.

I'm actually just looking for a part. The part that sticks out in front of the monitor where the joystick panel lies on. Do you happen to know where I'd be able to find this part or be able to pull it from a machine being used for spare parts?

I'm located in Toronto.

take care
roger

6:32 am  
Blogger scooter said...

hey Roger, sorry no idea about that one. Sounds like you need to luck into someone with a dead Astro who is parting it out.

I suggest putting up a wanted ad on neo-geo.com or another arcade focused site.

Sorry, and good luck!

10:32 am  
Blogger SBP said...

Man, I don't know how you get away with your married life, but as they say in Australia...GOODONYA!

11:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home