Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Death Smiles?? Really??

So.... my love affair with shooters continues, sorry... shooters seems to have been a name taken over by FPS fans, so I guess I should say that my love affair with SHMUPS continues.

The latest one is Death Smiles. I decided to get this for the 360 instead of the arcade and this choice saved me like $1000 (no, literally).

This one is also made by Cave, they are pretty much the place to go for over the top screen full of bullets shooters. Although slightly pervy... I gotta say that I am not a huge fan of the theme. These are young teen girls/witches who fly around blowing stuff up. I'd prefer space ships and military stuff I suppose.... just makes more sense to me. Also I don't like how the characters are standing quite vertically in the air when they fly, seems weird to me.

Gameplay wise this one is TOPS and I am pleased to get to play it!!

On the arcade side there hasn't been too much new, bit of cool art and I re-purchased Dimahoo (another shooter). I guess shooters is what happens when you buy all the fighters you really want.

1 Comments:

Blogger SBP said...

Side scrolling Shooters are defintely cool, but they seem to have been abandoned for the FPS games as you allude to. Not sure why they just can't do both.

10:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home