Wednesday, August 19, 2009



what's this? another post so soon after the last one?? Yes. It's true.

So... control panels... these have been such a money pit, new sticks new buttons new overlays new harnesses blah blah $ $ $. This time I got a good deal, actually a very good deal.

What you see in the pic is a Sega made 2L16B CP (2 player, 8 buttons each) for the New Astro City and I think it's quite rare. When these cabs were new the Sega Saturn was around and Sega didn't miss an opportunity to exploit the popularity of the cabs. They created a 2 player joystick that included this panel and had a New Astro City style dedicated fibre glass casing. These things were EXPENSIVE and they are still very collectible.

But despite this someone broke theirs apart!! Out of that I got the CP and the Saturn connectors/wires. These were pretty easy to take apart and then I just put the CP into the cabinet. This CP will allow me to keep the cab it's for looking like the others but also provide an extra level of flexibility. SWEET!

Another new thing in my world of arcade enjoyment is NOS side art. NOS stands for New, Old Stock. SO this stuff is factory original just never used. The side art is the big sticker that they would attach to the side of the arcade machines back in the day. I think I may start to collect some of this cause it's really nerd-beautiful! The one I got is not the best one ever, but it's really fun and it's for a VERY fun game. I'll post pics if I come across any more of this....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I discovered your blog using google because I'm looking to buy a candy arcade cabinet and I live in Montreal, QC. They're very hard to find. Since you seem to have a lot of these babies, I was wondering if there was any chance you might sell one ?

Thanks in advance.
Thomas Texier - sharkone@en-mousse.org

11:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home