Monday, August 17, 2009

Playdium!!

I rarely go to a real arcade, but if I do I really need to take some pics and take some notes. This time I did both... sort of.

First some observations. For a business owned, at least partially, by Sega..why are there no Sega branded toys shirts or anything for sale?? These guys have tons of characters and loads of products around the world, yet none in the arcade. Total RIP OFF. I almost cried, almost.


I wandered the floor of the place and found very little of real interest. I saw a Namco/Pac Man coin game, which was cool and a Sonic and Tails spinner thing which was sweet!! Sadly it was hidden behind a pole. ???












I have to admit I entered with high expectations....so I should not be surprised that they were not met. There were no really sweet cabs there, the closest would be the Tekken 6 cab, which was decent, the pic id not turn out well though, sorry about that.

Street Fighter IV should have been the highlight and centre point of the arcade, but it was in some weird new version of a Showcase cab but with LCD's... the LCD's were a decent size but ended up looking tiny and weak.... as well as weird. The control panel area may have been some strange factory original I really couldn't tell. At least there was some nice art on it, but too many people around for me to get a pic with the flash.













What the place did have was a lot of gun games and a lot of racers, some very new and potentially very cool. The gun ones all had big fat machine guns on them mostly attached as though they were a turret or were mounted on a jeep....neat and all, but I was not in the mood I guess. Maybe next time!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home